Bad Luck Blues Pt. 2

The photos are Kirishima Yaku National Park, eluding me, and me completely worn out continuing on my journey North.


On the train, tired, rejected, and brain dead, I decide to get as far north as possible tonite and head back to Kyoto the followoing day. I am on the local train lines now so it takes a while. I just keep on truckin.

7 p.m. Just over 24 hours into my virus, I decide to push on to Hiroshima for the night where I know of a good hosel to sleep in.

9:30 p.m. Arrive in Hiroshima.

9:55 Arrive at J-Hoppers Hostel. "Please tell me you have a room". "So sorry. We are booked for the night" It is Cherry blossom season and the tourisits are out in droves. I just can`t believe it. All I want to do is sleep. The guy helps me out and directs me to an internet cafe where you can sleep overnite. I`ll take it. The room is basically a closet. It has a computer. T.V. and a reclining leather seat that folds into a mock bed. There is a shred hot shower. I`ll take it. Although it is cramped, I am tired enough where i curl up in my sleeping bag and get about 5 hours sleep. I`ll take it. In the morning I shower and continue on. The plan is to stop in Himeji and see the castle before I stop in Kyoto.

1:00 p.m. I wake up on the train only to realize I have overslept my stop and missed Himeji entirely. I get off the train and backtrack. I arrive around 2:00 only to find it is pissing down rain outside and I won`t be heading t the castle. I hope my luck changes soon.

3:30 p.m. I arrive at my hostel in Kyoto only to fing out they packed people in like sardine cans and there is no shower. I pass. I walk to J-Hoppers Kyoto house and they are full. AHHHHHHH!!!! But, ne of the employees asks, "How long are you staying?" "Just one night", I say. "You can take a bed in the employee quarter if you want to". "I LOVE YOU !". All the employees laugh and I am saved. My bad luck clouds finally cleared just about 48 hours later.