Hitch Hiking

After Abel Tasman, I decided to try my luck hitch hiking around for a few days. The first day I made it back from Abel Tasman to Nelson using three different rides. It took about 2 hours. The second day, I was headed north to Motueka. I was outside with my thumb out for over an hour and was picking up my bag to give up and catch the bus when a car finally pulled overto offer me a lift. Her name was Catherine, a local Kiwi and devout Christian. Instead of giving me a ride to Motueka, we ended up at her place in richmond for lunch. I then met her parents and 5 siblings, and stayed on for dinner. We had a preyer session for my injured wrist, which was fun. Then we headed to a camper site to deliver food to one of their sick freinds, but he wasn't home. Then we headed to a local lookout spot for Nelson, which was gorgeous. Finally, around 7:00 p.m.(about 6 hours later) we headed for Motueka. It was a great day and I plan to stay in touch with this amazing family.